The girls wanted to make a fun and creep snack for Halloween and we came up with Spider Bites.
They are perfect for the Holiday or anytime in a school lunch!
Spider Bites Snack
- 1 ¾ cup Almond Flour or Meal, lightly packed
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons Plain Brown Rice Protein (or other favorite plain protein powder)
- 10 small dates chopped (2 oz)
- 1/8 cup honey
- ½ cup Palm Sugar (if not available use ½ cup powdered sugar and ½ tsp molasses)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp water (more if necessary)
- 24 mini or regular size semi sweet chocolate chips
- 48 small pretzel stick halved
- Add Almond flour, oats, protein powder, dates, honey, sugar, salt, vanilla and 1 tablespoon water to food processor.
- Process on high until mixture comes together as a dough (should only take 1-3 minutes).
- The dough should feel similar to play dough
- If too dry and not coming together add 1 extra tsp of water (or more) and continue processing
- Remove dough from your food processor
- Take about 1 slightly heaping tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball
- Place on wax paper
- Continue making the rest of the balls (makes somewhere around 12)
- Take pretzel sticks and poke in 4 to each side of ball
- Place two chocolate chips on the front for eyes.
- Continue for all spiders.
- Enjoy immediately or place in airtight container and freeze.