Summertime is here and bring on the patriotic fun!!
My 2 Sisters had a great time putting together this fun American Flag Kabob Platter for summer holidays like July 4th (perfect for Memorial day, too).
It's SUPER easy and impressive for a party and a great snack for the kids to put together.
American Flag Kabobs (makes 11 kabobs)
What you will need
- 3-4 bananas, cut into slices (about 51)
- Raspberries (about 62)
- Blueberries (about 45)
- Wooden Kabob Skewers (about 11)
- Lemon Juice
- For each banana/raspberries kabob you will need 7 raspberries and 6 banana slices. You will start and end with a raspberry
- We made 6 of these, but if you want 12 make one more
- For each, raspberry/banana/blueberry kabob you will need 4 raspberries, 3 bananas and about 9 blueberries
- Star with your raspberry and end with all the blueberries at the top.
- Arrange on platter with 5 raspberry/banana/blueberry kabobs and then 6 (or 7) banana/raspberries kabobs to form your flag.
- Carefully arrange to make sure the stripes are all aligned.
- Drizzle with lemon juice to make sure bananas do not brown
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour
- Note- if you need to store longer, I would recommend mini marshmallows instead of the bananas. Not as healthy, but it will last a bit longer.
Hope you enjoy! Leave a comment for My 2 Sisters!