Summertime is here and bring on the patriotic fun!!
My 2 Sisters had a great time putting together this fun American Flag Kabob Platter for summer holidays like July 4th (perfect for Memorial day, too).
It's SUPER easy and impressive for a party and a great snack for the kids to put together.
PS- I think these edible stars would be fun to sprinkle over the blueberries.
American Flag Kabobs (makes 11 kabobs)
What you will need
- 3-4 bananas, cut into slices (about 51)
- Raspberries (about 62)
- Blueberries (about 45)
- Wooden Kabob Skewers (about 11)
- Lemon Juice
- For each banana/raspberries kabob you will need 7 raspberries and 6 banana slices. You will start and end with a raspberry
- We made 6 of these, but if you want 12 make one more
- For each, raspberry/banana/blueberry kabob you will need 4 raspberries, 3 bananas and about 9 blueberries
- Star with your raspberry and end with all the blueberries at the top.
- Arrange on platter with 5 raspberry/banana/blueberry kabobs and then 6 (or 7) banana/raspberries kabobs to form your flag.
- Carefully arrange to make sure the stripes are all aligned.
- Drizzle with lemon juice to make sure bananas do not brown
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour
- Note- if you need to store longer, I would recommend mini marshmallows instead of the bananas. Not as healthy, but it will last a bit longer.
And make sure you grab some books on America for your kids. Never pass up an opportunity for them to read or be read to and since Holidays are exciting they are going to want to read about it!
America the Beautiful
The Pledge of Allegiance
We the People: The Story of Our Constitution
Hope you enjoy! Leave a comment for My 2 Sisters!